At Fintech Asia Limited (the “Company”) we take your privacy and security seriously, that is why we ensure that our privacy and security policy is up to date with the latest services to protect you when using our website. Below you will find information regarding the key aspects of our website.
Fintech Asia Limited a non-cellular company limited by shares incorporated in Guernsey with registered number 69264, is the Data Controller and can be contacted at the Company’s registered office at Les Echelons Court, Les Echelons, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 1AR.
Personal Data is any information from which an individual can be identified. For example, your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address may be Personal Data. It may also include technical information including the IP (Internet Protocol) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and if you access our site by your mobile device, we may collect your unique phone identifier. It is our policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that Personal Data held by the Company is held securely and processed fairly and lawfully.
Our lawful basis for processing Personal Data is:
- by consent of the data subject;
- necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or other person;
- compliant with a legal obligation; or
- necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller (except where these are overridden by the interests, right, or freedoms of the Data Subject).
The Company respects your privacy. It is our intent to let you know what personal information we collect from you on the Internet.
Sharing your data with Third Parties
The Company is committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers. We will only disclose information about our customers to carefully vetted third parties where it is part of providing a service to you e.g. carrying out security checks, for the purposes of visitor research and profiling, or for improving our service to you. All third parties are required by the Company to confirm that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls in compliance with applicable laws. They agree to only use your Personal Data for the purposes the Company instructs and to take appropriate measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to it. Our third party processors include IT, legal, tax and other professional advisors, and Logistics providers.
Should the Company sell or transfer any of its business assets, this may include a sale or transfer of such databases of information to third parties as part of a business sale. In addition, such a transfer or sale may mean that your Personal Data may be transferred to countries outside the EEA. Any such sale or transfer of Personal Data will be under strict conditions of confidentiality and security.
Where we store your personal information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or business partners. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support and associated services. Our suppliers and business partners may also transfer, store, use and otherwise process your information outside the EEA for the purpose of fulfilling their obligations to you and to provide you with information, goods and services. By using our sites, stores, social media and submitting your information during the purchase of items or participation in competitions and other promotions, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing inside and outside the EEA as stated above. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
The Company is committed to supporting the requirements of applicable data protection legislation which aims “to regulate the use of automatic processed information relating to individuals and the provision of services in respect of such information”.
We will ensure that all personal data held by us is obtained and processed fairly and lawfully, i.e. in accordance with the provisions of applicable data protection legislation. All personal data held by the Company will:
- Only be held for specified and lawful purposes.
- Not be used or disclosed in any manner incompatible with any lawful purpose.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it was obtained.
- Be accurate (insofar as the Company can control this process, being dependent on website visitor integrity and the integrity of such credit reference agencies as it uses) and kept up to date.
- Only be kept for as long as is necessary for a particular purpose, for example, the Company specifically needs to keep names and addresses of customers in order to deal with any queries.
Obtaining, Correcting or Updating your Personal Data
Where we use your personal data on a consent basis, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for profiling processes.
You can update, erase or amend your preferences or how we manage your data at any time using the contact details below.
You can also find out what personal data the Company holds about you by submitting a Subject Access Request. We will give you a copy of the information in a clear, readable format with an explanation as to why we hold it and how we use it. To complete your Subject Access Request you will be asked to provide the following details:
- The personal information you wish to access
- The date range you wish to access
- Information to help us confirm your identity
You can contact us for any of these requirements:
- By writing to us at: Data Compliance Officer, Fintech Asia Limited
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the phone at +44 1481 211000.
If you are not happy with our data handling processes, in the first instance, please speak to us directly so that we can resolve your enquiry. You also have the right to contact the following agencies if you have questions about Data Protection:
- Information Commissions Office (ICO) by phone on 0303 123 113 or www.ico.org.uk
- Guernsey Data Protection Authority by phone on +44 (0) 1481 742074 or www.odpa.gg
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive. If you have registered with us then your computer will store an identifying cookie which will save you time each time you re-visit us by remembering your email address for you. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org
Information collected by the Company is used internally by authorised employees and management for three main purposes.
- To improve our site by seeing which areas, features and products are most popular.
- To personalise the site for our customers.
- We keep track of the domains from which people visit us. We analyse this data for trends and statistics. We do not sell, rent, loan, or transfer any personal information regarding our customers to any unrelated third parties.
Changes to our Privacy and Security policy